Over the Years
Since 1978, Delmar has been creating unique and timeless jewelry for women across North America. Family-owned, the industry-leading business has been cultivated by three generations of the Gniwisch family in cosmopolitan Montreal.
Our uniquely beautiful designs are conceived and crafted by a market-savvy team of experts, including designers, merchandisers and gemologists. Our current range of fashionable fine jewelry consists of over 6,000 styles. As a specialist in third-party drop shipping technology, we continue to grow our company and connect customers to affordable and beautiful jewelry.
- The Very Beginning
Delmar CEO and Gniwisch family matriarch Julie is born in the Carpathian Alps. As a baby, she was hidden from the turmoil of the Holocaust sweeping Europe and fled to Canada where she grew to raise a family of her own.
- HOMEGROWN PASSION
- With her heart set on the jewelry business, Julie Schwartz’ passion for pearls led to her founding Delmar in Montreal, QC in the basement of the Gniwisch family home
- SOON AFTER
- With her heart set on the jewelry business, Julie Schwartz’ passion for pearls led to her founding Delmar in Montreal, QC in the basement of the Gniwisch family home.
- BOOMING BUSINESS
- Delmar continued to grow, amassing over 50 retail partners, delivering innovative designs across borders.
- The Delmar team knew the face of retail was changing. We seized the opportunity, embarking on a new e-commerce journey in founding ice.com, becoming a pioneer in jewelry e-commerce, and by developing third-party dropshipping
- AWARD WINNING DESIGN
- AWARDED PRAISE
- Praised for our skillful designs and efficient business model, Delmar receives the best supplier award from three of the top retailers in the United States.
- With almost four decades in the business, Delmar continued to grow. With an effective e-commerce model in place, we attracted our 60th customer
- CONTEMPORARY TRANSFORMATION
- Delmar launched an entirely new look, befitting the innovative designs we’re known for.
2015 also marks the debut of Julianna B, our signature line designed with women in mind.
- Delmar enters the licensing business with V19.69 Italia, Catherine Malandrino and Laura Ashley.
BEST BRAND VISION
- Laura Ashley Brand